Friday, November 14, 2014

Friday UFO Finishes!!!

Woohoo!  I've got several finishes to report today...and my November UFOs are done.  Just in time, too, because I'm headed to MO tomorrow to drop them off when I go to help out with the Gone to Pieces Quilt Guild Quilt Show in St. Robert!!!  Can't wait!
 Three finishes, and all three will be donated...
The baby quilt began with just 5 blocks.  I split one of the blocks and used two parts to create another block with 4-patches and a final block with 9-patches, thus making a lovely 6 block baby quilt.  This one is backed with the same pink polka dot fabric as in the borders and sashing.  It will go to welcome a brand new baby of a soldier at Ft. Leonard Wood!
I loved these blocks as soon as I saw them!  They are 14" and made up a beautiful quilt!  I didn't even think it needed a border being that each block was already bordered itself.  I just set them all together and backed it with an adorable neutral toile print and bound it in gold.  This quilt will go to a wounded warrior (or family of a fallen soldier) around Ft. Leonard Wood.
Last, but not least, is this cute Christmas sampler.  The blocks were rather "old fashioned" looking, but I really think this brighter green jazzed them up a bit.  I only had 8 block to begin with, so I dug out some "deep stash" Christmas fabrics and whipped up the card trick block in the upper left then sashed, bordered, backed and bound everything in the cheery green print.  This quilt will probably be gifted as a wheelchair quilt for a veteran just in time for the holidays!


Heather

5 comments:

  1. You are so very generous! They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! I love the Christmas sampler the most I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look great! And I love how you added to them. I am sure these will be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All beautiful quilts. I really like how you made the baby quilt grow. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilts, indeed!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!