Friday, September 02, 2016

Country Haven

It's been so long since I've posted any finishes, that I've got many to share.  Today, I thought I'd start with Country Haven, a quilt I finished using the Little House on the Prairie line of fabric from Andover.
Somehow, I cannot find a photo of the entire quilt - it's already out for display at Jackman's Fabrics.  The weather must have been terrible if I don't have a picture of a quilt outside on the line, but you get the idea.
One of the best things about Country Haven is the corner treatment - nothing to match up...just end the bias vine with a nice big strip block.  And, I actually really loved doing this appliqué!  Jackman's really pushes me to expand my education by learning new techniques for display, and appliqué is one of those things that I generally shy away from!  On this quilt I used a stitch and turn technique using a thin double sided fusible webbing.  I also got to use bias bars for the first time - so fun and easy!
The pattern was a fun take on a Irish chain pieced log cabin style - so cool!  I finished it all up with a big cheerful feather pantograph in a thread matching the green border to pull it all together.


Country Haven
Designer:  Kim Diehl (Simple Appeal)
Size: 76x76"
Featured Fabric Line: Little House on the Prairie (Andover)
Panto:  Bountiful Feathers (Hermione Agee)
Quilting Thread:  Glide (Key Lime)

Disclosure: I received supplies to make this project from Jackman's Fabrics in Fairview Heights, IL.  The quilt will be hung as a shop sample in their store to promote sale of both the pattern and fabric lines.  In exchange, the quilt will be returned to me and becomes my property at the end of the promotion.  They did not require me to write a positive review of any of the products.  The opinions I have expressed are my own.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!

Heather

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous! It shows off the fabrics very well. I would love to make store samples.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!