Thursday, March 16, 2017

Fat Man Squeeze

Fat Man Squeeze was a quick, easy and fun jellyroll quilt.  The focus fabric is Bees'n'Blooms, but because jellyrolls don't always have enough light fabric included in the line for variation, I added a few extra strips of other Kansas Troubles and repro collections in similar tones.                   
 I love working with Kansas Troubles fabrics.  Most all of their collections include interchangeable colors that work together year after year, line after scrumptious line!
Have you ever noticed backing fabrics are so thin?  They even have a sheen sometimes.  The weave is really different from that quilting cottons we find on the 44/45" bolts for piecing.  Why is that?
i really enjoy picking out panto designs to quilt on each quilt. My machine is not computerized, so I tend to choose designs that do not overlap with relatively easy to follow lines.  I'm getting to the point where I only have 2 or 3 pantos that I haven't tried yet, so I guess it's time to order a few more.  Any favorites?

Once again, another finish from last year...this one was quilted and taken to Jackman's for display in April 2016 (and yes, I have it back now).  

Fat Man Squeeze
Designer:  Kathy Brown (Strip Smart Quilts)
Size: 44.25 x 55.5"
Featured Fabric Line: Bees'n'Blooms (Kansas Troubles for Moda)
Quilting:  Ambrosia (Hermione Agee)
Quilting Thread:  Fil-Tec Glide (Wheat)
Batting:  Legacy Wool

Disclosure: I received supplies to make this project from Jackman's Fabrics in Fairview Heights, IL.  The quilt will be hung as a shop sample in their store to promote sale of both the pattern and fabric lines.  In exchange, the quilt will be returned to me and becomes my property at the end of the promotion.  They did not require me to write a positive review of any of the products.  The opinions I have expressed are my own.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar! <\br> Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!