Thursday, November 29, 2012

Finish It Up Friday - 30 November 2012

I managed to get my Calendar Quilt top finished just this week:

Calendar Quilt
This has been a Block of the Month for our guild this year.  Since we do not have a December meeting, the block criteria for December was given early and that gave me a chance to jump ahead and get it all done.

Unfortunately, I'm not very happy with the setting and colors I chose for the sashing and borders, but I refuse to take it all apart again.  If I had it to do over again, I think I would have bordered each block with a dark from the block and sewed them all together without sashings.  I think that would have given it a more scrappy homey look.  At this rate, I may be donating this one to a kindergarten classroom!  Oh well....done is done...now onto the quilting!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Isn't it awful when that happens? It looks great as it is, but I do understand sometimes wanting to get quilts we don't love out of the house!

MellieWo said...

I think the green and blue contrast really well with the blocks!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Maybe while you are doing the quilting your quilt will grow on you... that sometimes happens to me.

Sarah Craig said...

Whoop whoop, Heather! I think it's pretty, and as someone else said, it may grow on you with time. But if not, some kindergarten class will be very lucky!!

sewinglady said...

I love your quilt calender!

LynCC said...

So cute! Whoop! :D

LynCC said...

And I hope it does grow on you, because it looks great with the unifying color scheme of the sashing. But if it doesn't, that's a really good idea, gifting it to a kindergarten class. You can see someone snuggled under it at a reading station, can't you? Or hanging pretty on the wall. :)