Friday, November 30, 2012

UFO Challenge - December

As predicted, no movement on my November UFO :(  But the good news is that our guild's quilt show was a hit!  I was able to get sleeves and labels on all 6 of my quilts phew...so I guess I'll give ya a little quilt show & tell since I am ashamed of the UFO progress (un-progress, de-progress, no-progress??!?!) this month.

Guild members

My quilts displayed

For December, and the last UFO challenge, Judy chose #4...this is my red/white/blue swap quilt.  This one is actually a quilt made from blocks exchanged during a squishie swap a few years ago over at Quilts Your Way forum which has since disbanded.  (Oh how I miss that group of ladies, but I digress...)  The quilt is a nice throw size and already sewn together into a top, but it's about to be taken apart again.  I didn't like the setting once it was done, so back into the closet it went.  I f I ever get this quilt done, it will go to my mother-in-law as she loves this color scheme and it's nice and feminine florals.  Hopefully I'll be able to give it to her for her birthday next year (August)...so that's the plan!

My 2012 UFO list:
  1. Jean Picnic Quilt for Kayla (February)
  2. Heart Quilt (May)
  3. Thai 'Ostrich Quilt' (July)
  4. RWB Swap Quilt (December)
  5. Jean Picnic Quilt for Larissa (January)
  6. Spring Flower Wallhanging (October) 
  7. Fan Quilt (August)
  8. China Scrapbook (March)
  9. School & Family Scrapbooks (November) 
  10. Recipe Card Scrapbooks (April)
  11. Military Scrapbook (September)
  12. Quilt Scrapbook (June)
And...Judy has announced a change up for next year in the UFO challenge.  It will be a monthly list of 4 items, a "Get It Done!" list, instead of a year-long list.  This could make things more do-able...we'll have to wait and see...  

Anyway, be sure to check over at Patchwork Times to see the progress others have made for this month!

1 comment:

  1. I am excited about the change up - I hope it makes me stay more motivated!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!