Saturday, March 24, 2018

Dresden Flags

I am so happy!  I am so excited to have a pair of quilts finished in time for the upcoming patriotic holidays!  This is the larger option in the Dresden Flags pattern by my friend, Susan Marth of Suzn Quilts (keep reading to see the oh so cute, little one).
The larger of the two Dresden Flags has 12 tiny dresden plate stars machine appliqued onto sweet little 4-patch backgrounds - did you catch that?  Machine appliqued...no handwork, no raw edges!  Even sweeter, this baby is quilted as a QAYG (quilt as you go) project.  By the time you're finished with the piecing, you're also finished with the quilting.  Just attach your walking foot and whip it out - all on your domestic machine...I love that!
Add a label, hanging sleeve and bind...easy peasy!
For a bonus, the Dresden Flags pattern includes a smaller pattern perfect for hanging on a small table stand or gifting as a mug rug.  I had plenty of fabric left over from the supply list to make this, too!
I simply quilted my small flag with a stitch in the ditch, added a hanging sleeve, label and binding to finish.
The small version only uses one tiny dresden plate star on a scrappy background, but can you imagine a whole quilt full of these little babies?  Oooooo....I can!  😍

Dresden Flags
Pattern (Designer):  Dresden Flags (Susan Marth of Suzn Quilts)
Size: 30.25x42" (lg) & 10.25x12.5" (sm)
Featured Fabrics: Assorted Americana
Quilting:  Quilt As You Go (lg) & Stitch In the Ditch (sm)
Quilting Thread:  Aurifil Mako' NE 50/2 (Off-white 2021)
Batting:  Warm & Natural

Disclosure: I received supplies to make this project from Jackman's Fabrics in Fairview Heights, IL.  The quilt will be hung as a shop sample in their store to promote sale of both the pattern and fabric lines.  In exchange, the quilt will be returned to me and becomes my property at the end of the promotion.  They did not require me to write a positive review of any of the products.  The opinions I have expressed are my own.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Dresden Flags is my fourth completion from my 2018 Q1 FAL list!

For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!

~ Heather

8 comments:

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!