Monday, March 31, 2014

Design Wall Monday!!!

Here's what's on the Design Wall and my UFO goal for April...


These are old cross-stitched rose blocks done about 10 years ago.  I just got these out over the weekend and began playing around with a setting for them.  I found a photo on the internet for a quilt called "Serendipity" and started playing with the math to get the frames and sashings together.  Next it will get a set of borders that will include the dark green QSTs that will finish out the on-point edge squares.

And, that's the next mathematical equation to tackle.  Not too hard...I'll just begin with the QSTs and figure the HSTs that need to flank them flying goose style! These are BIG blocks!  The cross-stitched blocks,  themselves, are 15" unfinished!  It will finish around a twin size...as is, pre-borders, when pieced together it'll be at about a 54x78" top.

I may also enter this in as my guild challenge quilt.  The theme is "A Few of My Favorite Things" and we are to chose one line from the song and create a project based on it.  If I can figure out how to create "Raindrops on Roses," this may just work!  Any ideas?

Linking up to Design Wall Monday and A Lovely Year of Finishes.

Heather

1 comment:

  1. Could you sew a few crystals onto the roses after it's been quilted to mimic raindrops on the roses?

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!