Monday, August 27, 2012

Baby Shower Sew-In

Baby Shower Sew-In
On Saturday I was invited to a Baby Shower Sew-In at my friend Belinda's house (center photo).  The goal was to accomplish 2 quilts per person and we may have.  We'll see at the guild meeting!

I, however, did not finish my quilts at the shower, but I did meet the goal of 2 baby quilts.  My daughter  has been working to accomplish quilt tops for charity for a while, but since she's away at college, she left them to me to finish.
Nursery Stripes

This quilt top was made by Kayla a few years ago.  It's been sitting in her UFO pile for a while, so I used it as my first attempt at stitch-in-the-ditch on the new Bernina 820.  I finished it with a solid baby blue binding and I think it turned out pretty good.

Tea Kitty 
The center of this quilt was a panel in Kayla's stash that I added 2 borders to.  Belinda picked out the argyle fabric from her stash (thank you!) and it ended up being just enough!  I used a stitch-in-the-ditch technique for this one too, although in the panel it was really stitch between the lines in the "blocks."  I love the idea that I can whip up a baby quilt in a day now that I can machine quilt!!!





No comments: