Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Lazy Sunday

In 2013, Quiltmaker Magazine published a multi-issue quilt mystery entitled "Lazy Sunday."  The quilt is designed by Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville fame who also writes the "Addicted To Scraps" articles.
After keeping up religiously all year with each and every mystery step, I packed up the completed top (prepared binding and pieced backing) to get ready for our impending move to Illinois.  
Lazy Sunday
Last week, I pulled Lazy Sunday out of the cabinet and decided it was time to get it quilted up.  I got it loaded up on the frame and discovered I did an extremely poor job of piecing the backing (it was not at all square)!  So, I left it...until Lisa and Debbie arrived...and we fixed it (actually they fixed it...)  Why is it that I just had NO motivation to "figure it out" until they got here?  It's really not that difficult, just frustrating when it's all loaded up and has to be unpinned and taken down again, only to be put right back up hours later...grrrr....
Lazy Sunday quilted with a freehand meandering rose
Oh well, it's done and I'm very happy with it!  I did have some issues with those beautiful pointy borders.  A few of the pretty purple points got caught up in the binding making them not so pointy, but I've decided that I'm just not going to worry about them.
Lazy Sunday label
And this weekend, I truly had a Lazy Sunday...we did spend a couple of hours out walking through a couple of local "flea market" antique malls.  Then came home and watched several hours of prerecorded movies...ahh...lazy Sundays....
Lazy Sunday
Linking up to BOMs Away at What a Hoot Quilts, Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? at Confessions of a Fabric Addict, & Scrap Basket Sunday at Kim's Big Quilting Adventure.

Heather

9 comments:

  1. Your Lazy Sunday looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Lazy Sunday turned out perfect! I was too busy this summer to get to that mystery, but, I love the pattern! It's good to have friends to help us out in our time of need!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun finish - love these colors. And how awesome are friends who help sort out backings? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. A problem shared is a problem halved ;) I can't see any dull points from here - such lovely colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors in this quilt are great and I did not notice any lost points!! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This quilt is so impressive. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow it is beautiful, love the colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous and looks perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Lazy Sunday is really gorgeous! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!