Thursday, January 09, 2014

I'm back!!!

Wow!  It's been a while!  So sorry...so much has been going on...

My last post was in October...why?  Well, we up and moved!  As most of you know, my husband retired from the Army after 20 years of service.  Now, he's got a new job...working for the Air Force!   With the new job, came another move, but not far away...just 2 1/2 hours up the highway from Missouri to Illinois.  Now we're all settled in, the holiday hustle and bustle is behind us and I'm back into my old routine...

Wild Child blocks
I'm working on finishing up one of my projects from last year's Rainbow Scrap Challenge hosted by Angela over at SoScrappy.  For RSC13, I chose to work on three of Bonnie Hunter's patterns thoughout the year.  This one is "Wild Child" from her book String Fling.

Wild Child on the long arm frame
I just took "Wild Child" off the frame this evening, and sewed on the binding.  I'll spend a few hours tomorrow hand stitching the binding to the backside tomorrow and adding the tag.  Hopefully I can snap a couple of photos of the finished project tomorrow...in the SNOW!

As for the other two RSC13 projects, "Bowdacious!" and "4-Patch Revisited" from Bonnie Hunter's book Scraps & Shirttails, well, I'll be working on them again during this year's RSC14!  I may also jump in on Angela's new RSC Sampler as well making bunches of 6" blocks...we'll see....


Heather

5 comments:

  1. I jumped in on those 6 inch blocks and so far they are really fun! Cannot go wrong with a Rainbow BOM Bonnie style! So glad you are all settled and back to sewing, whoot whoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are finally back! I had been checking your blog periodically. You are courageous to tackle THREE Bonnie Hunter quilts at once. Congratulations on finishing Wild Child. Hope you are able to stay warm until Illinois thaws out. Sandy at sewhigh.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! You aren't too far from me now! Can't wait to see "Wild Child" finished. I am guessing you didn't participate in Bonnie's mystery this year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie Hunter's patterns are so scrap friendly. Glad you are settled in again after your move. Hopefully now that your husband is "retired" you can stay put for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blocks. Helps use the scrap stash

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!