Friday, January 17, 2014

Stitch & B!+(#

This weekend my family left me.  One daughter is back at university; one is off on an internship in Africa.  Hubby went on a business trip to Alaska; I stayed home.

Enter previous quilt guild/sew day friends.  They came up to keep me company for a couple of days and to check out the new house.

At the kitchen "bar"
As soon as they got here, we made a plan:  Fabric shopping, guild meeting, food and sewing.  Then, we left the house on a fabric shopping mission.  We stopped at a primitives store called Calico Moon and another called Ben's (just before they left to drive home, we also hit the sale at Jackman's fabrics...$1 FQs!!!).  Next, we made a quick stop for dinner and the gals accompanied me to the first guild meeting of the year (and my first ever at this new guild).  The speaker of the evening was an AQS quilt show judge.

After a good night's sleep (and breakfast) (and catching up on all the news of all of our common friends and acquaintances), we got to work... 

Lisa & I
First things first...I put the girls to work helping me to fix a wonky backing I pieced.  I tried pinning it on the long arm and I was waaay off and really didn't feel like fixing it.  Debbie was sweet enough to come up with a plan to square that puppy up without losing too much fabric; I cut and she sewed.  Thanks Deb!Now, I've got to reload everything back onto the machine...ugh, re-pinning is the worst!!!

Debbie completed a really cute baby quilt top using HSTs that she will donated.  Lisa completed a patriotic quilt top from a magazine pattern using wedged piecing that she will give to a veteran.  I worked on MORE 4-patches for my current projects (Bowdacious! & 4-patch Revisited) and I am sure you're sick of reading about that!

All in all, we had a fun time and I hope we get to do it again including a few more of my old guild pals!  I hereby dub these "Stitch and B!+(# Retreats"!  HeeHee!

Heather

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you all had a really fun time! I have never heard of those shops besides Jackman's? Worth going to?

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!