Monday, April 27, 2015

Lozenges

It's finished!  This is Lozenges, my 2014-15 leader & ender quilt!  Each year, Bonnie Hunter offers a great leader/ender quilt along & free pattern.  Lozenges was really fun to do and used up TONS of my larger scraps (the lozenge rectangles are initially cut  at 3.5x5").
While Bonnie is still working on hers, she has pretty much decided that her Lozenges will not have borders, but go straight to binding.  I thought mine needed borders, so I added a thin red inner border and a 3.5" outer border of a black floral fabric given to me by my friend Vicki!
Actually, there are tons of fabrics in this quilt given to me by my friends.  It was funny when I showed the quilt to my sew day group, Debbie, Vicki, & Kathi could each pick out several fabrics that were used in their own quilts, so it's likely that many of those blocks came from their scraps!  And even better, I can remember some of those quilts, too!
The backing of my Lozenges is an adorable typewriter and type print by Michael Miller called "Typewriters"...it's an older one, I wonder when it was last printed!  Would the kids even know what they are?  Hmmm...oh well, the colors (black/white/red/beige) were really just a perfect match!
Lozenges
81x101"
Pattern:  "Lozenges" (free pattern by Bonnie Hunter)
Quilting Design (Panto):  Fantasy Flames (Jessica Schick)

Heather

4 comments:

  1. Well done on finishing this large quilt. I love all the colour in it. A perfect quilt for scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:40 PM

    Nice finish; love the typewriter print back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely finish... so wonderfully scrappy & colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a BIG leader & ender. I started one myself (of my own pattern) and it is tucked away in a box - of course never finished!! LOL UGH!!! Yours is gorgeous!!! Mine...not so much!!

    **Thank you for sharing and participating in the FAL. Visiting as a member of the official 2015 Finish-Along cheerleading squad.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!