Monday, August 04, 2014

August UFO Goal(s)

YAY!  My basement studio is now complete and I'll be sharing some before/after photos soon.  That said, I've got lots of work to do this month.  First, I need to get started on something for my sister (a quilt? a wallhanging? a table runner?  not sure yet) since she will be getting married next month and her birthday and bridal shower are both this month!

Until I figure out what that project will be, I thought I'd set myself an easily attainable goal for this month by pulling out "Frontier Foundations."  And, yes, this is another Prairie Women's (Journey 3) project by designer Pam Buda of Heartspun Quilts!
Again, this project stretches the idea of UFO a little bit, as I actually began cutting it out last month, but Debbie and I shopped for that cool "toile-ish" fabric (for the backing) several months ago in anticipation of this little quilt getting done.  Either way, it does need to get finished!
I sat down last night to see what all I had "kitted up" to go with that backing fabric and just couldn't wait to start putting things together.  These are the first several blocks...and they are too cute!  I think I'll still have to do a little shopping to get a border fabric that I like, but overall, I'm excited about the way this one is coming together!

Linking up to A Lovely Year of Finishes.

Heather

1 comment:

  1. Is this an hourglass quilt? I am a begineer . Love this pattern. What do I go to to get the measurements & dimentions for this quilt?

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!