Monday, August 18, 2014

Friends & Companions - Blocks 1-3

Anyone else still working on the Marcus Brothers "Friends & Companions" Sew-Along? 
"Sarah's Block" Friends & Companions - Block #3
"Sarah's Block" is the third block pattern released by Sarah Maxwell at Homestead Hearth.  It was another great block to work on, and took much less time to cut out than the previous blocks (because it was all HSTs)!  Sarah's directions were simple, had great photos, and provided a really fun layout for such simply constructed units!
Friends & Companions - Blocks #1-3
So, here is my first row of blocks, all together, from weeks 1-3.  I can't wait to see what the remaining 6 weeks have in store (week 10 will be finishing instructions and the big reveal)!  I'm assuming they will be set in a 3x3 design, but maybe not, and...  Straight rows or on-point?  Sashings?  Borders?  What do you think?

Linking up to Design Wall Monday & BOMs Away today!
Heather

2 comments:

  1. I am doing the friends & companions sew along, too. I forgot all about it until I saw your photo. Love your fabrics. I better get busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not doing this one, but am enjoying your eye candy as you do each block! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!