Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Elizabeth's Prairie Garden

Our Prairie Women's Sewing Circle continues, but I've been going back and working on projects that I never completed as we covered them.  This quilt, Elizabeth's Prairie Garden, became a long-term project.  
It's almost all done by hand, during evening tv time.  This was also my first "hexie" project...and my first wool applique project...and I'm hooked!  I did end up adding the borders and binding by machine (binding stitched by hand on the back), but I really enjoyed getting back to hand quilting - I haven't done any since I got my longarm 3 years ago!
Elizabeth's Prairie Garden
Prairie Women's Sewing Circle - Journey #3, Gathering #3
27x29"
Pattern Designer:  Pam Buda
Hand Quilted
Hand Wool Applique

For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!

Heather

1 comment:

  1. I took a workshop in September "Patchwork of the Crosses". I admire your hexie work, but don't think it is for me. I have one cross done...not sure how much more will be done by my hands =^.^=! Sandi

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!