Saturday, October 31, 2015

Pinwheel & October Finishes


Finally finished Pinwheel, the secondary project that was made after my class with Pat Speth!  This quilt is made with bonus units from the Labor Day Madness pattern.

Remember I mentioned that I didn't really want 2 quilts from the exact same fabric line?  Well, I talked my friend Debbie into doing these quilts with me and we swapped bonus units...and I totally lucked out because I LOVE the fabrics she chose!!!!
 Fun and easy quilting with the perfect shade of purple thread!
And best of all, I was able to use up the leftover hunks of fabric on the backing...hardly anything leftover...just a few scraps for the scrap bins!
Pinwheel
84x65"
Pattern Designer:  Pat Speth (Nickel Quilts)
Primary Fabric Line:  Enchanted Pond by Holly Taylor (Moda)
Panto:  Flirtatious LG (Irene Steele)
Quilting Thread:  Iris (Glide)

Here's more about my Labor Day Madness quilt that I finished earlier this month!
 Elizabeth's Prairie Garden  was also finished this month!

Q4 (Oct-Dec 15) List: 
3/15 completions

1.   String Spools
2.  Buttermilk Basin Wool Applique
3.  4-Patch Revisited
4.  Crumb Along
5.  A Wounded Warrior Quilt
6.  Elizabeth's Prairie Garden 
7.  Rustic Stars
8.  A Soldier Baby Quilt
9.  A Prairie Women project
10.  Desert Sky
11.  Pinwheel
12.  Labor Day Madness
13.  Fan Baby
14.  Road to STL
15.  Little House on the Prairie Quilt

For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!
Heather

4 comments:

  1. You are AMAZING! I LOVE your quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty finish! Great idea to swap the leftovers.
    Visiting from ALYOF - congrats reaching your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever are you with scraps. I'll have to try that too. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful quilts! I'm visiting as part of the 2015 FAL Cheerleading Squad.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!