Thursday, October 01, 2015

Farm Girl Fun

As promised, I'm posting my Farm Girl Fun quilt I finished a couple of months ago (or was it last month - I can't remember).  Laura (at Jackman's Fabrics) saw a similar quilt on Pinterest (posted on Flicker by Jabeybaby) and asked me if I could make something like it for display in the store.  Of course I said "sure" and set about designing something similar, with more balance and adding lots of those cute "crops blocks"! 
I even wrote out a freebie project sheet for Jackman's with a block layout that could be used in conjunction with Lori Holt's book Farm Girl Vintage to make Farm Girl Fun.   
This book is hot, hot, hot, I tell ya!  Everyone in the quilting world wants it and wants to make a quilt in it - it's becoming quite the craze!!!
Pattern:  Farm Girl Fun
Designer:  Heather Gunter (with block patterns from Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage)
Size: 54x66"
Featured Fabric Line: Modern Minis (Lori Holt)
Supporting Fabrics:   Misc. 30s Repros and Moda designs
Backing Fabric:  108" Quilt Back by Whistler Studios (Wyndham Fabrics)
Quilt Panto:  Linda's Daisy by Denise Schillinger
Quilting Thread:  Madeira AeroQuilt

Disclosure: I received supplies to make this project from Jackman's Fabrics in Fairview Heights, IL.  The quilt will be hung as a shop sample in their store to promote sale of both the pattern and fabric lines,  In exchange, the quilt will be returned to me at the end of the promotion.  They did not require me to write a positive review of any of the products.  The opinions I have expressed are my own.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!

Heather

2 comments:

  1. This is SO adorable ~ Love the way you mixed up the blocks! I added a barn block to the back of my daughter's quilt this year ~ she loved it! Your quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely. You're very clever to make your own pattern! Well done on your finish. Visiting as a member of the official 2015 Finish-Along cheerleading squad.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!