Friday, October 02, 2015

Women of the Bible

The label says I finished my Women of the Bible Quilt last month, but I did forget to post it.  Yikes!  Like I said, it's been a busy summer and it's beginning to become a busy autumn, too!  Oh well...
Here it is...all finished!  It's been on our bed since it's been done, but we got another hot spell, so it's off again.  I never did get any good pictures of this quilt (see the last photo - that was the best from the first set), so since today was an overcast day, I ran it outside to get a full view pic (this one is pretty true to color).
This is a close up of the pieced backing.  The white background fabric on the right was my inspiration fabric.  I thought I was going to use it as a border at the end, but I don't seem to like white/light borders for some reason, so it ended up on the back with that cute little country church piece I found at the Thread Peddler in Waynesville, MO.  I couldn't resist - it was just too cute - and it fit the theme!  Anyway, that white inspiration fabric is where this unlikely color scheme came from!
...and of course, don't forget a label...

Ring Around The Hexies
90x110"
Pattern Designer:  Stitchin' Tree Quilts
Panto:  Cotton Candy (SQS)
Block of the Week (presented by Hoppin' Bobbin)

For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!

Heather

2 comments:

  1. This quilt has really come up well. I love all your colour choices in the blocks. I just want to let you know that I am unable to comment on your blog directly from Bloglovin. I have to go directly from the internet onto your site to be able to comment. Not sure if it is a setting issue.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!