Monday, October 08, 2018

Thank You Stars

Thank you Stars was made from another of those free patterns that came in the mail urging me to resubscribe to a magazine.  I love receiving quilt & crafting magazines, but I find that I rarely make any of the projects in them.  I wanted a quick and easy scrappy quilt to make for my husband's Aunt Shrimp and this seemed like the perfect fit - I just added an extra column and row to make the pattern queen-sized! This weekend my in-laws came to visit.
My mother-in-law and I went shopping during her last visit to choose the fabrics her sister would love.  I also added a bunch of additional patriotic fabrics and reds, blues and neutrals to give the quilts that scrappy interest choosing to repeat each fabric only twice. 
This weekend my in-laws came back to visit again, so that gave me the kick I needed to get this quilt done so that they could deliver the quilt before Christmas.  I decided on this really cute wood grain pantograph and, as usual, DH vetoed it.  Well, DH went away on a business trip and I tried a few other pantos, but in the end, I still liked the wood grain the best and I quilted it right up...sorry honey!  Yeah, he didn't like it any better once it was finished.  Oh well...I love it!  
Thank You Stars
Designer:  Marianne Fons (Fons & Porter's: Love of Quilting)
Size: 87x102"
Featured Fabrics:  Misc. Americana
Quilting:  Wood Grain (Jessica Schick)
Quilting Thread:  Fil-Tec Glide (Antique)
Batting:  Quilter's Dream Poly Select (Light Loft)

Linking up to the 2018 Finish-A-Long hosted by Leanne at her blog She Can Quilt.
Checking this project off as my 4th finish on my Q3 FAL list.

For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!
~ Heather

3 comments:

  1. I think the wood grain is perfect! On behalf of the FAL crew, thank you for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your newly completed quilt! Aunt Shrimp is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed over read your blog post.
    Your blog have nice information, I got good idea from this amazing blog.
    I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again…
    หนังฟรี

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!