Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Design Wall 1/25/16

I am so excited to be working on this amazing project for display at Jackman's Fabrics!

This is the beginnings of "Country Haven," a gorgeous pattern found in Kim Diehl's book Simple Appeal.  I'm working it up in Andover's Little House on the Prairie fabrics and I think it's coming together beautifully!

Here's where I'm stopping tonight.  Tomorrow, I've got a morning guild meeting to attend, but I'm hoping that I'll have the center section's piecing completed by tomorrow night.  I'm anxious to begin the applique and I'm going to try using Kim's "invisible machine applique" technique for the first time!
I'm still a novice when it come to applique and I've decided to just follow the suggested directions for the next few patterns I attempt.  I figure that way I'll be exposed to several methods and eventually I can choose which techniques work best for me (or at least which I can accomplish with the least amount of stress, hehe).

 I'm open to suggestions...and would really love to know...what techniques work well for you?

For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!
Heather

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely. Can't wait to see it with the applique added!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!