Monday, January 04, 2016

Great Granny Squared

It's been quite dreary here in Illinois, with all the rainy weather and flooding all around the St. Louis Metro area.  You can see how green and high the pond is looking from all the water.  It's at the overflow stage (but the overflow valve is doing it's job and emptying the excess back into the creek) so we've had no flooding issues here at home.

And since it's so dreary, I thought it might be a good time to show off some Downton Abbey prints (I always think of the English weather as a bit dreary - I know the Dutch weather often was)!  This is the Great Granny Quilt. a pattern by Lori Holt...
...and of course the cute not-so-little label that goes on the back.  In fact, the pattern for this label makes it the size of a FQ (18x22)!  It's pieces with leftovers from the quilt front and then there's lots of cute hand embroidery to label everything and make it absolutely adorable (you're gonna wanna enlarge it to see...so sweet)!
The Great Granny Quilt is all finished off with an English rose inspired pantograph and scrappy binding strips!  Love, love!!!

Great Granny Squared
Pattern:  Great Granny Quilt
Designer:  Lori Holt
Size: 72x85 1/2"
Featured Fabric Line: Downton Abbey (Andover)
Panto:  Rose Vine (Simple Quilting Stitches)
Quilting Thread:  Glide (Cool Grey)

Disclosure: I received supplies to make this project from Jackman's Fabrics in Fairview Heights, IL.  The quilt will be hung as a shop sample in their store to promote sale of both the pattern and fabric lines.  In exchange, the quilt will be returned to me and becomes my property at the end of the promotion.  They did not require me to write a positive review of any of the products.  The opinions I have expressed are my own.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!