Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Lunch Box Social

I've always loved Kim Diehl's designs and fabric coordination choices.  She's so great at that rich, scrappy, traditional look.  I think just about every quilt from her book Simple Appeal has been on my bucket list since I purchased it, so when I was offered the opportunity to make something up with the new Little House on the Prairie line of fabrics by Andover, I immediately thought they would be perfect for a Kim Diehl quilt!

Yep, perfect fabrics!  Bright colors mixed with muted muddy fabrics equals country traditional!
Quilted with a cotton thread following a panto called "Fancy," a design with a daisy and rooster motif.  Fun!  Ha!


Lunch Box Social
Pattern:  Lunch Box Social (from Simple Appeal)
Designer:  Kim Diehl
Size: 39 1/2 x 39 1/2"
Featured Fabric Line: Little House of the Prairie (Andover)
Panto:  Fancy (Dave hudson)
Quilting Thread:  Madeira Aero Quilt 

Disclosure: I received supplies to make this project from Jackman's Fabrics in Fairview Heights, IL.  The quilt will be hung as a shop sample in their store to promote sale of both the pattern and fabric lines.  In exchange, the quilt will be returned to me and becomes my property at the end of the promotion.  They did not require me to write a positive review of any of the products.  The opinions I have expressed are my own.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!

Heather

6 comments:

  1. fun little quilt. micki@2dogsstudio.us

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were so right. Great match up of fabric and pattern. And now I am totally curious about a rooster quilted into your quilt. Ha, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a new user of this site so here i saw multiple articles and posts posted by this site,I curious more interest in some of them hope you will give more information on this topics in your next articles. lunch box

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... cool lunch boxes

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really interesting, thanks for this valuable and informative blog. Visit Ogen Infosystem for responsive website designing and SEO Services in Delhi, India at an affordable price.
    SEO Services in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read your all blog post and found some thing special in your writing skill. If you want to gain more visitors on your site so you can write for us digital marketing ​You will get more visitors

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!