Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Dream Big & Compose Your Concerto

I'm finally sharing my last quilt finished in 2015!  I've got a few more smaller projects to blog about, but I can finally set up my year in review photos after this post goes live and I can't wait to see some of the things I accomplished last year all in one place!
Dream Big & Compose Your Concerto was a very last minute quilt.  My husband's aunt was in Paducah and picked up a couple of charm packs that she thought would make a great quilt for one of her Christmas gifts.  I received the charms on Thanksgiving along with a request for a twin sized quilt for a little boy who likes music and "his letters."  Since it was so last minute, I decided to go with a simple split 4-patch (a pattern I wanted to try just to say I did once) and dug in my stash for as much of the border fabric as I could find.  I did end up running out and purchasing the remainder of the typewriter fabric that the shop had so I could use it for backing.  When I borrowed the music panto from my friend, Debbie, I had no idea that I would be making this quilt, but it worked out great!  Can you see the flip flopping treble and bass clefs?  So perfect!
Dream Big & Compose Your Concerto
Pattern:  Split 4-Patch
Size: 64 1/2 x 77 1/2" 
Featured Fabric Line: Concerto (Benartex)
Panto:  Music 
Quilting Thread:  Glide (Candy Apple)

For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!