Saturday, December 12, 2009


Flower Wall Hanging Done!

That wall-hanging for mom that I was working on took me about 2 hours to quilt, add a sleeve and bind - not bad!  And I think it came out really cute!  I'm pretty happy with this one and even if I wasn't, the colors would make me happy anyway!

And now that this is done, I have begun work on quilting my 2007 Flower BOM quilt!  This was a block of the month

project at QYW forum designed by Lisa.  We pieced one block a month and then she gave us this great little random squares setting to put the whole quilt together!  It's coming along beautifully and I can't wait to get it all quilted!  It's been sitting around on a shelf in my cabinet, patiently awaiting it's turn in the hoop!  And, this is the first time I've used Quilter's Dream cotton batting to hand quilt and I can tell you...so far so good!  It's working out wonderfully.

2 comments:

  1. Heather your Flower BOM quilt turned out beautifully. I have most of the blocks done for mine. Someday it might become a top. One question; what batting do you normally use for your hand quilted projects? Good to know Quilter's Dream is working well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen ~ I had just been using an inexpensive poly batting (ya know the type you can get really cheap with a JoAnn's coupon), but as I've made more and more quilts, I was beginning to get concerned that they won't last through MY lifetime, so...I made the switch. Now, just to find QD or similar other for under $25 a queen roll!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!