Friday, October 16, 2015

Labor Day Madness

Pat Speth's book, Nickel Quilts, was one of the very first quilt books in my collection.  I've had it for years and when the opportunity arose to take a class with her using designs from that book, I jumped at it! 
This is Labor Day Madness, tomorrow I'll show you Pinwheel.  Why do I tell you that now?  Well, these quilts have something in common...the units are made at the same time...left facing units are used in one quilt and the right facing units are used in the other!
I didn't particularly want 2 quilts made in the same fabrics, so I talked my friend Debbie into making the same quilts - and we traded units, so the quilt I show you tomorrow will have different fabrics!
Pat Speth Signed my label!!!
These are really fun quilts to make...if you haven't made any of Pat's designs before, I think you'll really love them!  I've now made 4 (and 3 of them used these combination units)!

Labor Day Madness
70 1/2 x 89"
Pattern Designer:  Pat Speth (Nickel Quilts)
Primary Fabric Lines: Lucy's Crab Shack & Reunion (Moda)
Panto:  Tickle (Beany Girl Designs)
Quilting Thread:  Willow (Glide)

For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!
Heather

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt--how great you have a quilting friend to exchange/share fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I'm attending a Pat Speth workshop in February and this is one of the quilts I'm thinking of making. I took one a couple years ago and made Liberty Star...I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now Pat Speth is one that I will enjoy with you. I have been lucky being able to take a workshop with Pat. She's great. I have at least two of her books. Neat what we can do with a 5 inch square. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Isn't it fun when a workshop becomes available that we can REALLY enjoy!!! Visiting as part of the 2015 FAL Cheerleading Team. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello mate nice bloog

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!