Thursday, January 26, 2017

Vintage Cherries

Why is it so hard to sit down at the computer and post about all of these projects?  So, why do I blog?  I blog so that I have a record of details of my creative endeavors (quilts, scrapbooking and even some of the photography of our trips).  So why do I find it so difficult to just take an hour out of my day to commit to this?  Well, as usual, I'm going to try harder!  I guess we'll see....

Here's Vintage Cherries...a quick and simple Irish Chain made with the Marcus Brothers line of Red is the New Neutral.  I made this as a shop sample for Jackman's Fabrics last spring.
Aside from the chain, backing and binding, this quilt is made strictly from fat quarters!  All those little black chaining squares are cut to the same size, so I had to be a bit careful in lining them up to be sure seams were nice and matched where the little  squares come together to create the large squares.  Otherwise, the construction of Vintage Cherries is easy peasy!
The pattern was a fun to make.  I remember being so excited to sit down with these fun fabrics and make a traditional quilt with an updated look.  I finished it all up with a big cheerful sharp-pointed feathery pantograph in a thread matching all those reds to pull it all together.
Vintage Cherries
Designer:  Jeanne Large & Shelley Wicks (Fat Quarters)
Size: 61x73"
Featured Fabric Line: Red is the New Neutral (Marcus Brothers)
Panto:  Dusty Miller Grande (Patricia Ritter)
Quilting Thread:  Glide (Candy Apple)

Disclosure: I received supplies to make this project from Jackman's Fabrics in Fairview Heights, IL.  The quilt will be hung as a shop sample in their store to promote sale of both the pattern and fabric lines.  In exchange, the quilt will be returned to me and becomes my property at the end of the promotion.  They did not require me to write a positive review of any of the products.  The opinions I have expressed are my own.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!

<\br> Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!