Monday, February 12, 2018

Tutti Frutti (for Mishayla)

Who's Mishayla?  I don't know...that's just the name of the quilt pattern!  I just labeled mine "Tutti Frutti!"  No matter......  How's this for a quick and easy quilt?
Just one layer cake, add some strip piecing and a border and I've got a cool ocean-y quilt!
 I quilted it with an edge to edge pantograph (details below) and attached the binding. 
Finished it off with a label (actually I stitched it to the backing before quilting this time).  
I do confess to having a little bit of trouble with some of the batik 10" square precuts.  They weren't very square (more parallelogram in shape).  It took a little finessing to make them work, but otherwise, this quilt was super simple and so much fun!

Tutti Frutti
Pattern (Book):  Tutti Frutti for Mishayla (Easy Weekend Quilts)
Size: 64.5x83.5"
Featured Fabric Line: Mystical (Tonga Batik for Timeless Treasures)
Quilting:  Dandy (Keryn Emmerson)
Quilting Thread:  Fil-Tec Glide (Wisteria)
Batting:  Quilter's Dream Orient


Disclosure: I received supplies to make this project from Jackman's Fabrics in Fairview Heights, IL.  The quilt will be hung as a shop sample in their store to promote sale of both the pattern and fabric lines.  In exchange, the quilt will be returned to me and becomes my property at the end of the promotion.  They did not require me to write a positive review of any of the products.  The opinions I have expressed are my own.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Tutti Frutti  is my first completion from my 2018 Q1 FAL list!

For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!


~ Heather 

2 comments:

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!