Thursday, September 13, 2018

Dresden Quilt Workshop Quilt-Along Challenge Week #5

Sorry about being a week late in posting my progress, but who can pass up a week in Washington D.C., walking along the national monuments on the mall, visiting the Smithsonian museums (Museum of Natural History and National Air & Space Museum this time around).  We enjoyed the views of the Pentagon and the National 9/11 Pentagon Memorial from our hotel in Arlington and walking the Pentagon City neighborhood.  At the end of the trip, we were able to spend a couple of days with DD1 and her boyfriend.  I cooked a couple of dinners in, we ate a few meals out and visited the most delicious little ice cream shop in Old Town Alexandria (just a few yards above the flood zone). We went fabric shopping and began the cutest Dresden sunflower mug rug projects.  The time went quickly and the weather went from sweltering heat to cool and rainy overnight with the threat of the incoming storm.
Anyway, onto Suzn QuiltsDresden Quilt Workshop Challenge week #5...

I loved this week's challenge, the Dresden 8-pointed star blocks this week!  Nice and easy!
2 Dresden 8-Pointed Star Blocks
I always like to cut those Dresden backgrounds just a bit larger (1/4 - 1/2") than needed.  I always find that applique tends to shrink up the block just a tiny smidge and it's always better to trim them up later if needed.
Here's my DQWC design wall through week #5.  Now I'm off to finish up week #6...just the lat bit of Dresden applique left to do and then it's on to block assembly!

For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!
~ Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!