Thursday, September 13, 2018

Shoofly Star

 Have you checked out any of the "I Love..." quilt books printed by That Patchwork Place?  I happen to LOVE the "I Love..." books!  So far, I've made quilts from I Love Churndashes and I Love Stars, but you can be sure I've flipped thru the pages of some of the others!
The beauty of these books is they are a complete conglomeration of designs, designers and styles.  There are bright, cheery quilts, muddy Civil War quilts, wallhangings and bed quilts.  It's so much fun to flip thru and see all of the colorways and settings!
I tend to gravitate towards the quilts that will allow my scrap-flag to fly!  I can't resist making a quilts with a controlled or completely scrappy palette.  It's just so fun!
This Shoofly Star quilt, found in I Love Stars, was completed in June 2018.  After choosing the outer border (a Kansas Troubles print) and inner border, I then pulled a bunch of fat quarters that I could mix & match to make the stars.  I love adding golds to make my quilts sparkle and red to make them pop!  The navy blues tend to ground everything and the purples are there to add interest.  Mossy greens soften everything up on a scrappy neutral background.
Shoofly Star
Designer (Book):  Sue Pfau (I Love Stars)
Size: 76.5 x 88""
Featured Fabrics:  asst. Civil War
Quilting:  Florence Panto (Apricot Moon Designs)
Quilting Thread:  Fil-Tec Glide (Lt. Burgandy)
Batting:  Warm & Natural

For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!
~ Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!