Saturday, September 15, 2018

Snowman (Dresden Buddies)

I haven't decided how many of these Dresden Buddies that I'm actually going to make, but it seems like each time I see the patterns in my basket, I just have the urge to stitch one up!
Maybe it's because Susan has really made me stretch my creative boundaries by making encouraging me to do more applique (even the fusible raw-edge kind).  Who could say no to this sweet little face?
Admittedly, I have become more comfortable with applique thanks to Susan and Jackman's fabrics and the projects they often ask me to make.  And that perfectly average-sized waist line!
I may never give up my pantograph quilting, though, and yes, I quilt right over all of that applique!  There are NO hard and fast rules in quilting...do what pleases you!  What pleases me is a pretty allover design that holds all my quilt layers together!  Tiny Dresdens under tiny feet also please me!
This snow man will be also be featured in the Holiday Seminar at the shop.  I think this pattern is gonna be a hit!  Susan's patterns are very well written and easy to follow (not to mention sooo cute!!!)...and those are always the best kind!

Snowman
Pattern:  Dresden Buddies - Snowman 
Designer:  Susan Marth (Suzn Quilts)
Size: 10x43"
Panto:  Jessie's Swirls (Jessica Schick)
Quilting Thread:  Fil-Tec Glide (super white)
Batting:  Warm & Plush

For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!
~ Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!