Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Holiday Blossoms

Each year, I volunteer to make several shop sample Christmas quilts.  Last year, as usual, I fell in love with Holly Taylor's holiday fabrics!  I love that so many of her collections play well together and her seasonal lines are no exception.  For the past few years, Doug Leko has designed pattern books to go with her collections and there are usually several quilts I am interested in making.  I find it so difficult to narrow it down to "THE quilt" for the store displays.
I thought that the Holiday Blossom block design was unique, with a simple, traditional feel.  It's so fun set in a wonky tilt.  The wide pieced border also gives it a warm and scrappy feel that beckons for a good couch cuddle in front of a warm winter fire.
Holiday Blossoms was finished in July 2017, not long after the Forever Green fabric bolts arrived in the store.  I grabbed up the fabrics quickly, before anyone else got to them, and had the quilt finished quickly (the deadline for our Holiday seminar isn't until September)!  Yep, I was excited to work on this project!

Holiday Blossoms
Designer (Book):  Doug Leko (Winterlude)
Size: 70x85""
Featured Fabrics:   Forever Green by Holly Taylor (Moda)
Quilting:  Wintergreen (Patricia Ritter)
Quilting Thread:  Fil-Tec Glide (Lt. Burgandy)
Batting:  Hobbs Heirloom Wool

For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!
~ Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!