Friday, September 14, 2018

Dresden Quilt Workshop Quilt-Along Challenge Week #6

Just one lonely block this week, but it wasn't a quick one!  Admittedly, Suzn Quilts Tiny Dresdens take a little extra time to make (so you have to be patient), but they are SO worth the extra effort!
Argyle Retreat Block
I am using just one fabric collection, "Gratitude" by Jo Morton (Moda), so my color scheme is already set.  I used the coloring sheet provided on Susan Marth's blog to help plan color placement, but even so...it takes time to pull the perfect fabrics for each little unit!  One Argyle Retreat block required 21 different fabrics - that's not easy using only one collection that includes only 4 colors.  Thank goodness that a few of the colors do offer a couple of shade variations!
Back to the design wall!  Last week, Susan let us know that we had completed 1/4 of the quilt - we're starting to get somewhere!

For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!
~ Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!