Thursday, November 06, 2014

November UFO Goals

Here's what's on my design wall right now.  I pulled out all of these donated block sets to see if I could finish them up this month for charity.  So, that's my November goal...3 quilts for charity!
First, is this set of OLD Christmas sampler blocks.  I haven't seen fabrics like these for a long time!  I'm sure I have some scraps in the deep stash that can work with them to whip up just one more block and then I'll probably just add some very simple sashing.  I may add a border, too, to hold it all in and make a nice size lap quilt.
Next up is this set of cuties...I think with a bit of added rosey pink, they might make a sweet baby quilt, so my plan is to split up the 4-patch snail trail block on the bottom and make two blocks out of it, pairing the snail trails with alternate rose-colored blocks.  Six blocks will make a good baby quilt with sashing and a small border.
 My last UFO will be this beauty...I can't imagine why someone wanted to donate these blocks because they are just gorgeous!!!  It looks like this on may have been a civil war repro block of the month.  There are 12 blocks and each is already framed, so I'll probably set them right next to each other as is and add a border.  This one will make a really nice quilt for a fallen soldier's family!

Linking up to A Lovely Year of Finishes!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!