Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Scrappy Works in Progress

I guess since I tried to relax for the end of 2015 (once all of my deadlines were met and Christmas was celebrated), I'm making up for  time not spent in the sewing studio :)  Since it's a Scraptastic Tuesday, I thought I'd share what's going on here today!
Farmer's Wife Blocks #1-12
My first 12 blocks of Farmer's Wife remain on my design wall.  I've been kinda following the color scheme suggested by the photos in the book and using as many scraps from my Civil War prints scrap basket as I can.  No print repeats or FQs cut into, so far, but that will probably change eventually.  For now, I'll just keep making a block or two, here and there, until I get them finished.  This project has no deadline and I'm in no hurry to get it done.
Literally, just out from under the needle is this quilt top for a Wounded Warrior.  I cut a bunch of extra pieces when I was making Rustic Stars for my husband's aunt hoping that I would find time to whip up an extra quilt for charity.  While my daughter has been training on the longarm, I've been piecing away on this top.  I think I've decided on the blue/white/gold stripe for binding and now I've got to go pick up some fabric to back it with!

Lots of quilts in the queue for quilting (4 for Wounded Warriors and one of daughter's)...back to work...

For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!
Heather

5 comments:

  1. That quilt for a wounded warrior looks fabulous! Great cause too. Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wounded warrior quilt...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Hunter's Star top--great colors! I just finished a blue and white one, now I think I need to make a scrappy one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Wounded Warrier quilt is awesome - and the Farmer's Wife civil war blocks are AWESOME! Can't wait to see more blocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks look awesome! I am working on a Farmer's Wife right now as well as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge so I did blocks 1-11 this month! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!