Saturday, January 02, 2016

Trimming the Tree

This was a fun one...Trimming the Tree!
In general, I'm not a modern quilter...far from it!  But...the gals at Jackman's wanted to create a quilt that would show off the prints in the Downton Abbey Christmas fabric line and asked me if I had any ideas.  I began flipping through some of the Christmasy pattern books that were on display and thought that this Amanda Murphy pattern would look great with the fabrics!
This quilted worked up pretty quickly and I did make a few changes to the original pattern:
  • I did not piece 2 of the ornaments at all (instead, showing off the design of the fabrics)
  • I only pieced the stripes of 2 ornaments (making the picture of Downton Abbey as the focus)
  • I opted not to applique the words across the bottom border (again to show off the fabric)
Trimming the Tree
Pattern:  Trimming the Tree (from "Modern Holiday")
Designer:  Amanda Murphy 
Size: 52x74" (approx.)
Featured Fabric Line: Downton Abbey Christmas (Andover)
Panto:  Jessie's Swirls Simplified (Jessica Schick)
Quilting Thread:  Glide (Military Gold)

Disclosure: I received supplies to make this project from Jackman's Fabrics in Fairview Heights, IL.  The quilt will be hung as a shop sample in their store to promote sale of both the pattern and fabric lines.  In exchange, the quilt will be returned to me and becomes my property at the end of the promotion.  They did not require me to write a positive review of any of the products.  The opinions I have expressed are my own.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!
Heather

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Trimming the Tree is absolutely beautiful. Great job. Total #CreativeGoodness. I'm definitely inspired and would like to make one (or more).

    QuiltShopGal
    www.quiltshopgal.com

    PS - I'm finding it really easy to follow you via http://mycreativebloglist.blogspot.com/, although I still follow you via a variety of tools

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!