Thursday, August 23, 2018

Dresden Quilt Workshop Quilt-Along Challenge Week #3

Since I was a bit late with last week's Suzn QuiltsDresden Quilt Workshop Challenge...
...and all of the tools, fabrics, patterns, etc. were still out all over my sewing space...
 I went ahead and finished up week #3!
4 Dresden filler blocks
Now that we're getting into cutting oodles of tiny petals and lots of setting pieces, I was beginning to get concerned about like colors and patterns landing next to each other, so....
I got busy coloring in my coloring page!  The fabric collection I am using ("Gratitude" by Jo Morton) only has a 4-color palette.  It does include slight variation in hue, so that helps, but...only using 4 basic colors and trying not to have them touch (too much) was becoming tricky.  Susan provided this great template for just that reason!  
I'm finding that it sure does help to follow a color plan -- at least it gives me a jumping off point!
And....here's the beginnings of my Dresden Quilt Workshop Sampler thus far :)

For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!
~ Heather

2 comments:

  1. Love your filler blocks! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way that you set the 4 triangles together would make another nice quilt setting... always thinking...

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!