Wednesday, January 09, 2019

Dresden Ohio

It was amazing!  I had been working on this Dresden Ohio quilt and then, Susan posted it as the block of the week for her Dresden Quilt Workshop Challenge!  I had so much fun working on this quilt, and I'm having lots of fun working on the DQWC, too, even if I am lagging behind a bit!
I started Dresden Ohio with a set of 3 kitted up fabrics (1 yd each) that were gifted to me by my friend, Vicki.  Thanks Vicki!!!  I only added 2 additional fabrics into the mix:  the green-grey (star points) and the olive green that forms the Dresden centers.
I finished quilting this little beauty back in October.  That goes to show how behind I am in blogging all of my finishes...I've got sooo many more I still want to post!
I even had enough fabric left over to make the backing (after I found another 1 yd cut of the smaller flower print in my stash).  I just sliced a chunk off of the yard piece, inserted the strip of larger floral between the 2 pieces, and sewed is all back together.  And in the end, I had just enough of that larger floral left to make a hanging sleeve!
Dresden Ohio
Designer:  Suzn Quilts (Susan Marth)
Size: 41x41"
Featured Fabrics:  Olivia by Michele D'Amore (Benartex)
Quilting:  Bubble & Curl (Jessica Schick)
Quilting Thread:  Fil-Tec Glide (Pink Lemonade)
Batting:  Quilter's Dream Orient

Linking up to the 2018 Finish-A-Long hosted by Leanne at her blog She Can Quilt.
Checking this project off of as my 2nd finish on my Q4 FAL list.
For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!
~ Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!