Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ostrich Round 2






















Well, here it is.  The next installment of the Thai quilt being made step by step in an ostrich challenge by Kimberly Camou's Divine Inspirations on Facebook.  This round was entitle "2's Company" and we were instructed to choose 2 techniques (regular piecing, paper piecing, applique) to create this round. 

I used regular piecing to add a thin black border and to add the corner triangles to set the square on-point.  I appliqued the "dresden fans" and used a backing method for the centers.  I must say, I'm pretty happy with the result and I'm looking forward to the next round!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!