Monday, December 17, 2018

The Splendid Sampler 2 - the beginning

Have you been participating in The Splendid Sampler 2 Sew Along?  Pat Sloan and friends have done it again...they came together to compile some of the cutest blocks, with the most techniques, to make the most adorable sampler quilt!
I've been working on this quilt for about a month, now, and I've finally gotten all 100 of the blocks made.  Over the next 5 days, I'll share photos of my blocks.  Here are the first 20 for today!
The Splendid Sampler 2 book is laid out by technique for the most part.  The majority of the beginning blocks are all simply machine pieced (some with many, many more pieces than others)!
As the book goes on, more intricate designs are revealed like the faux cathedral window block below.
That's it for today.  Come back tomorrow to see 20 more blocks!  Now I'm off to start cutting the fabric strips for the sashings.  I plan to set them using the A Splendid Quilt Setting, offered as a free pattern online HERE.

For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!
~ Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!