Sunday, September 09, 2018

Bee In My Bonnet Row Along Quilt

The Bee In My Bonnet Row Along Quilt, in the book Quilty Fun, was the first quilt I saw by Lori Holt and it instantly made me a huge fan!  I love her cutesy 1950s inspired style - actually, I love anything with a vintage feel (no matter what era)!
I finished this quilt in April 2017 and, like all of the Lori Holt quilts, I loved piecing all of the adorable blocks.  It was so much fun putting together various fabric combinations being careful not to put too many of one color or pattern close together and mindful of the rows that would be above an below.
Lori Holt's designs just beg for bright colors with tiny prints.  The quilting mimics the playfulness of the quilt and what's more fun than a panto design called "Tickle Too"!?!?!?  
In her pattern books, Lori has been known to include sweet bonus block designs with hand stitched lettering meant for making labels!  I love these patterns and always make sure to piece them onto (or into) my backing before quilting!
Bee In My Bonnet Row Along Quilt
Designer (Book):  Lori Holt (Quilty Fun)
Size: 68.5 x 86.5"
Featured Fabrics: Assorted  
Quilting:  Tickle Too (Beany Girl Quilts)
Quilting Thread:  Fil-Tec Glide (White)
Batting:  Legacy Wool

For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!
~ Heather

3 comments:

  1. Nice blog, I will keep visiting this blog very often. breeder queen bees for sale

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surfing the Internet for information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. Immune System

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I want to have one of these piercing models, but I am unsure. Can you look at it?
    Vch Piercing
    Bridge Piercing
    Snake Bite Piercing
    Double Helix Piercing
    Dermal Piercing
    Tragus Piercing

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!