Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Colonial Patches

Do you have a travel project?  A project that's always packed and ready to go every time you go somewhere and you'll have "idle hands" time?
Colonial Patches was my take-along project in early 2016.  First, I was just toting around a bunch of 2" squares to make the little hexagon patches.  Then, I was carrying around a ton of hexies to sew together into the Colonial Patch design.
After the borders were added (by machine), I kept carrying around the top for hand quilting.  And, of course, the binding was also hand tacked on the back...another step easily done on the go!
I specifically remember taking Colonial Patches on our long trip from Colorado up through The Grand Tetons and Yellowstone National Parks.  We kept driving through Montana, South Dakota and onto see the Badlands National Park, Mt. Rushmore and back to Colorado.  I'm missing a bunch of sites, but you get the idea.  Colonial Patches kept me busy through miles and miles of driving time!

Colonial Patches
Pattern:  Colonial Patches (Prairie Women's Sewing Circle)
Designer:  Pam Buda
Size: 28.5x28.5"
Quilting:  Hand Quilted
Quilting Thread:  Coats & Clark (neutral variegated)
Batting:  Hobbs 80/20

For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!
~ Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!