Friday, September 07, 2018

Butterscotch & Blue

I have so many quilts that have never made it onto the blog over the last few years!  I just don't have much time between projects to get on the computer and spend the time posting all the information and editing photos.  Ever since we moved to Illinois, I've been quilting up a storm (especially since Jackman's Fabrics asked me to make shop samples for them) and I keep really busy!
So, today....I'm posting Butterscotch & Blue.  I made this quilt in February 2017 from a Jo Morton pattern in the book I Love Churndashes.  The original quilt was, of course, made with several beautifiul shades of blue and orangey-gold butterscotches.  I chose this fabric line full of purples and turquoise with hints of orange-golds in the prints!
Just a nice, square wallhanging quilted with a flowy, tight, pantograph in a blue-grey cotton thread.
Like I said....February 2017.  Yep, a little late getting this one on the blog,  but there are many more to come that are just as old...and OLDER!?!?!?!
It sure is a pretty one!  The fabric collection is very elegant and makes a playful quilt design (I always think of churndashes as a fun block) just a little more serious.

Butterscotch & Blue
Designer (Book):  Jo Morton (I Love Churndashes)
Size: 32x32"
Featured Fabrics:   
Quilting:  Whirlwind (Karen Farnsworth)
Quilting Thread:  Madeira (Col. 8105)
Batting:  Quilter's Dream Orient

For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!
~ Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!