Monday, September 10, 2018

Sister's Choice

In October 2016, I finished up the quilting on this pretty little Sister's Choice.  I love 2-block quilts.  They're so fun to make...chain piecing one set of blocks and then the other.  It becomes mindless work, but with a mix of fabrics, each block is interesting in and of itself.  While joining the blocks and rows together, I made the border units "leader/ender" style and then just chaining them thru on their own.  Again, mindless...
While a simple color scheme an tend to get boring, and it did, I love the simplicity of it.  I haven't made many 2-color quilts, but I intend to make more.  I love the results, I just have to spread out the making of them as I tend to get a bit bored with the color pallet while piecing.  I have to just keep telling myself, "It's going to be beautiful and worth it when it's done!" 
Somehow I ended up making 2 extra blocks (one of each).  I wonder how that happened?!?!?  Oh well, leftover blocks with a few extra scraps seem to make great labels!

Sister's Choice
Designer (Book):  Julie Hendrickson (Remembering the Past)
Size: 64.5 x 74.5"
Featured Fabrics: Grand Traverse by Minick & Simpson (Moda)
Quilting:   Dusty Miller Grande (Patricia Ritter)
Quilting Thread:   Madiera (8105 - Blue/Grey)
Batting:  Quilter's Dream Orient

For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!
~ Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!