Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Star Spangled Dresdens

Ever since I saw the Quill fabric line by 3 Sisters, I had been wanting to make something with it.  I love a text print and the soft colors that just met together really make my heart pitter-pat!  Last fall, Jackman's finally got a select few bolts of Quill and I jumped at that chance to make one of Suzn Quilts' tiny Dresden quilts from it!
But...which quilt?  Well, it had to be one with only a few fabrics since I only had a small number of bolts to work from.  And, it had to be a design that would work well with the blendy tones of the Quill line.  Enter Susan's new book Dresden Quilt Workshop!  There were a bunch of small quilts to choose from and I had a tough time just picking one!
Star Spangled Dresdens appears in the book as, you guessed it, a patriotic quilt, but it had just enough design to make it work with the few simple fabrics I had to work with!  Red, white & blue became teal floral print, pale grey print & a darker grey...add in a punch of dark purple for pop and it worked great!
I finished Star Spangled Dresdens December 2017, but now I can't wait to make the rest of the quilts in the Dresden Quilt Workshop book.  I already have fabrics pulled for the next one, but in the meantime, I'm keeping up with Susan's Dresden Quilt Workshop Quilt Along over on her blog!

Star Spangled Dresdens
Designer (Book):  Susan Marth (Dresden Quilt Workshop)
Size: 35x35"
Featured Fabrics: Quill by 3 Sisters (Moda)
Quilting:  Twirly Feathers (Hermoine Agee)
Quilting Thread:  Perma Core Tex 30 (Lt. Grey)
Batting:  Quilter's Dream Orient

For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!
~ Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!